How to find dog friendly and pet friendly rental properties in Auckland
Check out our properties on Facebook and hear about upcoming dog friendly properties Here
Only around 5% of all rental properties available in Auckland accept dogs and it’s just as bad for people with cats at only 40% of properties
How to make having a dog more attracted to a landlord:
- Say you will pay a doggy bond / pet bond
- Have it written in the tenancy agreement that you will have carpets professional cleaned at end of tenacy
- Tell them about your dog or have a doggy resume
- Provide a photo of the dog / pet
- Get references from previous properties
- Get references from neighbours saying the dog is quite and friendly
- Is your pet an outside or inside pet?
Where do you look for properties that allow pets and dogs?
First option and the best option is www.Trademe.co.nz there are over 1500 rental properties listed in Auckland city alone!
Set up an account with Trademe and save searches which have pet related words
Try searching these words on www.trademe.co.nz :
dog ok, dogs allowed, dogs negotiable, dogs okay, dogs neg, pets ok, pets negotiable, pets considered, pets welcome, pets yes
By clicking “Save this search” it will email you when ever a property comes up with those words!
See picture below:
There are also other websites to look for dog friendly properties:
Lots of private advertises on Gumtree which sometimes are move likely to take on pets
Realesate.co.nz is another good option no private advertises only real estate companies
If you are looking for a pet friendly property that accepts dogs or cats make sure you like our Facebook page for up coming pet friendly properties
Nick Powell - Property Manager Specialist - Professionals real estate